How to troubleshoot potential problems when your tumble dryer is not working
If your tumble dryer will not start, and even if it won’t turn on at all, there’s a few things you can check and fix:
Check the electrical supply
- If your tumble dryer will not turn on, check whether it is the machine or the supply that is faulty by testing the power connection.
- Test that the power socket you are using for you tumble dryer is working by plugging in something you know is working, a light for example.
- Once you have ensured the socket is operational replace the 13-amp fuse in the plug then you can plug your tumble dryer in and test it again.
- If your tumble dryer does not turn on when connected to the power there may be an electrical fault with the machine.
If you think your Beko tumble dryer may have an electrical fault please contact our customer care team.
Check the door and program selection
Your tumble dryer will not work if the door is open or if you have not fully selected a program and started it:
- Check the door of your tumble dryer is fully closed and no laundry is caught in the door.
- If you have selected a program, ensure you have told the machine to start by pressing the start/pause button.
Check the direct drainage hose is still properly connected (if used)
Make sure the direct drainange hose is not twisted or kinked as this can stop your machine from working.
Check that the childlock funtion is not activated
If childlock is on, none of the buttons on your machine will work, if you’ve unintentionally turned it on, simply press the childlock button(s) for three seconds to deactivate it again.
Check that there is not a delay set on your machine
- If you have set up the program correctly and pressed the start/pause button but nothing is happening, you may have added a delay to the program unintentionally.
- Simply cancel the program to turn off this setting.
- You can then reselect the desired program and press the start/pause button to begin at once.
Need product support? Beko is here to help you.
Beko manuals contain helpful information and advice about your appliance.
Browse the most asked questions about our product range.
Browse our buying guides for helpful information on what to consider before purchasing a new appliance.
†Source Euromonitor International Limited; Consumer Appliances 2020 ed, as per major appliances definition, retail volume sales in units, 2019 data